I’m quite happy with my small HTPC running Boxee on Ubuntu. The hardware is a Zotac Ion board with an Atom CPU and an Nvidia graphics card. Both software and hardware have their issues, but after enough hacking I’ve a setup that gets the job done wrt. watching movies off my file server. My main gripe has been the lack … Read the rest
In this exercise we’ll solve the same assignment as in exercise 1, but using a prepackaged GridPilot application.
- Download and install GridPilot
- Start GridPilot and answer the initial questions – enable only the computing system “GridFactory” and set the submission host to gridfactory.nbi.dk
- Import the app “ttbar_exercise”
- Select the application/dataset “ttbar_exercise-100k-events” and click “Run”
- Select the application/dataset “ttbar_exercise-merge” and
This exercise was created for the 2011 CERN CERN School of Computing, hosted by the Niels Bohr Institute, University of Copenhagen.
Credits: physics content of this exercise by Jørgen Beck Hansen from the Niels Bohr Institute.
LHC Monte Carlo event generation and analysis